Dec 17, 2011

Nordic power!

Last week I accidentally found myself reading comics by Humon. Scandinavia and the world. It's quite fantastic! Quite a lot of stuff about Denmark's and Norway's relationship, about which I don't know much. But Humon's danish (I think) and so it's forgiven. Some stuff about Finland are quite weird, but of course she doesn't know so much about Finland. Nordics are not so much in contact with all neighbours.
Unfortunatelly, (for my neighbours) some stuff are spot on. At present I know nothing funnier than FennoSwede (finnish nationality with swedish mothertongue). HILARIOUS!!!
http://satwcomic.com/raising-children

That's soo how we fennofinns think of fennoswedes to be, so happy and smiling all the time! Finnish guy has always his knife with him, I guess it's ok, especially the not talking part, but please be our friend anyways!
We might think that the swedes are a bit gay (they are smiley and helpful) but this Humon joke might be some manga Yaoi thing. Do other nordics think Danemark and Norway have a homosexual relationship? I don't know, I haven't thought about it. I know few norwegians but no danish.

What was quite shocking was the hatred of Ă…land (finnish island with Fennoswedish inhabitants) towards Finland. Do they really hate us?!! Maybe I don't notice it because I live in finnish-swedish town which is hated by the rest of Finland.



Another new acquitance, Hetalia Axis Powers. It's a manga and anime, which I haven't seen before but really want! The little parts I know about it makes it really interesting, especially the relationship of Finland and Sweden, compared to Humon's version. In Hetalia Finland is Sweden's wife (yaoi). Who is waving the knife, I don't know, but soo want to. Finland apparently speaks alot. Of course that's a bit weird, but I'm open to possibilities!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCceFIGeNTc
I soo want that vest!!

I guess there was no sense above, but what ever, it's Christmas holiday!

No comments: