Mar 8, 2011

Greetings from Catalunya

Now I'm home, finally! I don't remember being happier arriving in my stident flat before! I thought I would quickly summarise the trip. I left on monday, after a job interview (from which I still have no answer). I was really nervous in airports, in both Helsinki and Barcelona, because I had no idea what to do. I had to show my passport only once! I just walked straight through... Thank you Shengen and your liberties, really scary. In airplane I noticed, that I had forgotted my mobile pin code. Niice, now I didn't have music, and I had promised to call my mother. I heard the whole time I was abroad Where was plain disaster movies in tv...



In BCN my hostel was in Barri Gòtic, just in the next street of Cathedral. Also I noticed it was really short distance everywhere. I also liked the shops being open until 10 pm. The next day was sunny, although in Ciutat Vella there was no sun because tall stone houses. I just walked around, trying to find shops. I didn't go to beach, too far to walk... To Sacrada Familia I went, thanks to my mother, and miserably go tlost in the area, in the dark, too scared to look a map terrified to be thought as tourist, who could be robbed. The next day I packed lunch and desided to go to Parc Güell. The clouds emerged but I went anyway. Good thing because the next day it was raining. I walked almoust to the to pf the hill, but just before the end turned back. Then I hurt my knee. First I just thought "shit", but now I think, that I had walked down the same distance it would have taken to walk to the top, so maybe it was planned for me to have been injured at the top. What would have happened then? Would my principe azul have rescued me? Not funny. I had thought to go to Montjüic as well, but now I just jumped to hostel and rested.



The last day, as said, was rainy. But luckily warm rain. I walked to shopping centre at the harbour, visited museum of the history of Catalunya and museum of Catalunyan art and then waited with 50 very wet tourists for the light and music show of Magic Fountain. Didn't happen. If I'm not scared of rain, why would the fountain be?!!! Finally the next morning I started to go towards Placa Catalunya, got lost and was again in harbour. Already at 9 it was really warm! In airplane I finally saw real mountains, the Alps!!!



Tjis picture honors a movie I like, L'auberge Espanol. It was nice to see the places myself. I was told to read ruiz zafon carlos' book la sobra del viento, but they didn't have it in the library, and I didn't have time to read all the travel guides I had. I think I should have, I wouldn't have had so boring time then. Barcelona really needs friends with you.

No comments: