May 17, 2010

Summer rain!!!

There's nothing like the smell after a summer rain! Except of course the smell of just cut grass. I've been waiting when somebody cuts our grass... But then came this rain, which started after I was in school and had a sunbath and while I was having my lunch. The best time! And it's so lovely warm outside! It's been really hot here for couple of days. Must enjoy every minute because probably it will be cold the rest of the summer. That's what happens when vulcanic ash cloud starts circling the Earth. But really I don't understand why everybody's complaining they can't fly. People have been (civilians) flying only about 50 years compaired with tousands of years of not flying and still being able to live. And quite francly if I was stuck in Canary Islands I wouldn't be too sad. And one shouldn't forget the nature. I think it's just stupid to fly distances within one country (apart from big one like US). Shrinking 7 hours' train into 1 hour's plain saves only time, and not necessary even that with all the airfield security checks. Must confess, however, next time someboby asks me to go by bus from Aberdeen to Paris, 12h + 8h & 4h of waiting in between, I will jump to an airplane. Although Ferry across English Channel was cool...

Okay, now I will translate a little poem, which has been in my head a long time because spring has been so beautiful. It's by Larin Kyösti and Oscar Merikanto has composed it. I'm afraid not thes best translation, done in five minutes...


I live, oh what joy!
Oh what joy and music is within my veins,
Heart has never beaten like this,
What shine and fever fills me now,
I sing, I sing, I sing,
Because God created me to sing.



I could be dead already,
under the flowers of death and darkest night,
Oh no, no, I live, I can feel it now,
How my soul grows struggling
Towards the stars through the highest work!




I live, I live, I live,
To you , life, my highest song rings!
The holy spring shall crown my soul,
I am the young king of life again,
I sing, I sing, I sing,
Because God created me to sing.



- Good behavior in a nature reserve and ancient monument area: beer cans not left in wilderness but hidden in a rock hole.

No comments: