May 25, 2011

VADO A ROMA!!!

Today, just before 8pm I thought to myself I'd best to shut the computer for a change to cool down. But before I should check my fb. And, maybe I'll check my email as well, all though all the offices have closed at 3-4 and no one'll write to me on email. But, why not.

WHY NOT INDEED! There was lost of emails, impotence and so on, but in the middle there was two letters from the same person, and they said The Course on Classical Antiquity! Already by then I started to suspect the good news. I and there it was, my name last on a list of accepted students to the course in Rome! The second letter said, Congratulations, you have been accepted...!!!



Just today I was in despair about my wasted life, I applied to a cleaning firm and I wasn't even invited to an interview (I didn't know you needed to be a notary to be a cleaner). I was chosen, and I wasn't even lying on my application! Now I have july and august in Rauma doing work of my education (museum assistant) and september in Rome! That's going to ruin my international tutoring this year, but I won't complain!
I wen't roung the flat in a semi-squating jump steps for a while, and then I called my mom and sister.



Only problem in this is the money. And I'll miss all the classes in september, also the historical gardening class, which would've been fun. But I have a good reason to translate that 4th book of Aeneid that's missing from my degree. And I can go to Italy! Then I've been in six capitals of the world, London for England, Edinbourgh for Scotland, St Andrews for Fife, Paris for France and Barcelona for Cataluña! I'll be happy.
And even more, I bought a while ago a travel guide to Rome, now I can use it!

First I was jumping from happiness, then I started to laugh evil laughter to all of those wankers in classical philology department. They kicked me out by spreating evil rumors about me, and none of them was even accepted! I have been found unwanting!
I will join the ranks of elite group. Only selected few have been allowed to enter the walls of Finnish Rome / Athens Cultural Institute (not true, my whole class went to Rome when I was in Scotland). But they weren't chosen! Best of all, that fucking insect who drove me out of the department has applied many times and always rejected. She also applied many times to museology studies, was rejected and stop talking when I was chosen on my first try. Now it's going little too negative, forget that last bit.

And by the way, my strike is going surprisingly well, apart from this bloated tummy. Where the hell did she come from?

No comments: